July 14, 2017
Are you ready for Bastille Day? Are you hosting a little gathering at your house this weekend, or going to a block party? No matter the case, I thought it would be fun to prepare a "bleu, blanc, rouge" dessert.
The bleu is where you'll get cooking! I decided to make blueberry financiers. Financiers are almond-based cookies that are delicious plain, or with red fruits. I make them frequently with raspberries and wanted to try them with blueberries.
Blueberry FinanciersIngredients170g, powder sugar100g, almond flour (can be found at Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Wegmans, or any natural food store)150g, butter150g, egg whites (about 5 eggs)50g, Francine wheat flour1 vanilla pod6 packets, Alsa sugar vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Melt the butter in a pan on the store until a sweet nutty smell develops.
3. Filter the melted butter through a strainer.
4. Put the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl (powder sugar, vanilla sugar, almond flour and wheat flour)5. Add the egg whites into the mixing bowl and stir until the mix is homogeneous.
6. Cut the vanilla pod halfway and scoop out the vanilla seeds. Add it to the mixing bowl.
7. Add the melted butter and stir with a spatula.
8. Place the dough into financiers pans, or if you have any other fun pans, go for it!
9. If you're using standard financiers pans, place 2 pieces of fruits per pan, or as many as you'd like.
10. Place in your oven for 10min. For the Eiffel tower pans we used, we left it for 20 min to give you an idea if you use a larger pan.
11. Let rest until cooled down, and enjoy!
Have a great Bastille Day! Joyeux 14 Juillet!