December 21, 2017
This delicious recipe is a French twist on an Italian classic. It is incredibly easy and quick to make, and no baking is required! This recipe is different from others tiramisu recipes because it doesn't contain heavy cream and feels light. Raspberries also add a hint of freshness to this traditional dessert. This exquisite sweet takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and looks adorable. It will be hard to wait until dessert time!
Ingredients (for 4 people)10 Rose cookies2 Rose cookies (used for decorative purposes)3 fresh and high quality eggs3 tbsp, powdered sugar8 oz, mascarpone (I get mine from Whole Foods)1 small pack of raspberries (~ 6 oz)
1. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, and place them in 2 separate large bowls.
2. Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer or a Kitchen Aid until they are stiff. The egg whites are ready once they form stiff ridges (about 3 min).
3. Add the powdered sugar with the egg yolks and use a hand mixer to mix them until it is homogeneous.
4. Add the mascarpone, and continue mixing for a few minutes.
5. Add the egg whites to the mascarpone mixture and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
6. Crush a few raspberries with a fork to create raspberry juice and dip the bottom side of 5 Rose cookies into it. Place the Rose cookies at the bottom of a rectangular baking dish.
7. Add some mascarpone filling over it and add a layer of raspberries.
8. Add another layer of Rose cookies and another one of mascarpone filling and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
9. Crush the remaining 2 Rose cookies to create rose powder, and sprinkle over the tiramisu once ready to serve.